Gini Graham Scott, Ph.D. is a nationally known writer, consultant, speaker, seminar, and workshop leader, specializing in business and work relationships, professional and personal development, and social trends.
She has published over 50 books, writes scripts and TV pilots, produces indy films, and helps clients write, publish, and promote their own books and films.
She has had extensive media and PR experience.
CONSULTING ON WRITING, PUBLISHING AND PROMOTING YOUR BOOK
If you want to write, publish, or promote your book, Gini Graham Scott can consult with you on how to do it.
Her expertise comes from publishing over 50 books, most with mainstream publishers, and she has self-published over 30 books, many reprints of print books.
She has worked as a ghostwriter and co-writer on books and proposals for over four dozen clients and has written a book on how to Sell Your Book, Script, or Column.
She previously owned a company that connects writers to publishers and agents and the film industry, and has been a consultant and writer for the new owners for nearly five years.
Some questions and topics that commonly come up in consultations are these.
• What should my book be about? Do I have enough material for a book? What should the focus or title be?
• What's the best way to write my book or gather the material I need for it?
• How should I work with a ghostwriter or co-writer? What are some typical arrangements and costs?
• How do I find a publisher or agent? What arrangement should I make?
• How can I protect myself from someone taking my material?
• How do I develop a platform to help find an agent or publisher?
• What kind of promotion should I do before the book is published and what should I expect to do afterwards?
• What should I include in my book proposal?
• How long does it take to find an agent or publisher? How long before the book is published?
• Should I self-publish my book? What format should I use?
• What self-publishing companies should I use for a POD or e-book?
• How will self-publishing affect my finding a mainstream publisher or agent? Will it help or hinder me?
• If I self-publish, how do I market, promote, and sell my book?
CHANGEMAKERS PUBLISHING & WRITING